4 teachers among 5 crushed dead by truck in Naogaon
Published: 09:45 24 June 2022 Updated: 08:48 25 June 2022
Five people, including four teachers, were crushed to death after a truck hit an autorickshaw at Bablatala in Naogaon Sadar Upazila on Friday morning.
The accident took place at the Babtali intersection on Naogaon-Rajshahi regional highway around 8:30 am on Friday. The death toll may rise further, police said.
The deceased were identified as Md Delwar Hossain, 47, Md Maqbool Hossain, 58, Md Lenin, 27, Jannatul, 35, and Md Selim, 45. Selim was the autorickshaw driver while the other four were teachers.
Citing locals, Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Naogaon Sadar Police Station Nazrul Islam said the teachers were coming to Naogaon Teachers Training Center in a CNG-powered autorickshaw from Niamatpur Upazila of the district. When they reached the Bablatali intersection on the Naogaon-Rajshahi regional highway, a truck hit their autorickshaw, leaving three teachers dead on the spot. Several others were injured. The injured were then rescued and taken to hospital, where doctors declared two of them dead.
Naogaon Sadar Police Officer-in-Charge (OC) Nazrul Islam said three bodies were recovered from the spot. The death toll is feared to rise further.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh