3 scientific officers among 4 killed in Savar three-way collision
Published: 12:01 5 June 2022 Updated: 18:02 5 June 2022
The injured were rescued and admitted to various local hospitals - Photo: Collected
Four people, including three officials of the Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission, were killed and 35 others injured in a three-way collision - involving a truck and two buses - at Boliarpur in Savar.
The accident took place around 9:30 am on Sunday (June 5) in the Boliarpur area of Savar on Dhaka-Aricha road. The injured were rescued and admitted to various local hospitals.
The deceased have been identified as Kauser Ahmed Rabbi, engineer of Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission; Arifuzzaman, senior scientific officer; Puja Sarkar; scientific officer; and Rajib Hossain, driver of Atomic Energy Commission staff bus.
According to the highway police, a passenger bus was hit by another bus of the Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission while taking a U-turn at the Boliarpur area on Dhaka-Aricha road. At that time, a Dhaka-bound cow-laden truck hit the front of the bus again, leaving four people dead on the spot.
The bus driver of the Atomic Energy Commission was among the deceased.
Savar Fire Service senior station officer Nurul Islam said that on information, four firefighting units rushed to the spot and recovered the bodies of the two and sent them to the hospital.
Officer-in-charge (OC) of Savar Highway Police Station Atiqur Rahman said that the injured have been admitted to different hospitals. Further details will be informed later.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive