Egg production enriched in Jhalokati
Published: 19:33 2 June 2022
Poultry farm; File Photo
Egg production has increased in Jhalokati. In the last one year, 73 lakh eggs have been produced more than the target. Many are becoming interested in the poultry industry as the demand for eggs has increased in the district.
According to the district livestock department, efforts will be made to increase egg production and demand.
In the last one year, the demand for eggs in the Jhalokati district was 7.20 crores — egg production has been 7.93 crores. 73 lakh eggs have been produced more than the target. At present, there are 52 Layer, 53 Sonali and 122 duck farms in the district. Here the main demand for eggs is met from layer chickens and duck farms.
Wholesalers and retailers said their sales were better this year than in the past. At present, due to the increase in the price of chicken feed, the farmers are having a little trouble.
Farm owners have demanded a reduction in the price of chicken feed to increase egg production and keep prices affordable.
Jhalokati District Livestock Officer Mohammad Saheb Ali said both egg production and demand have increased in the district. Vendors are able to collect eggs easily as the production is good. In this case, the transportation cost seems to be less. Necessary steps will be taken to increase egg production in the future.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive