Wheat import resumes through Hili after 9 days
Published: 10:45 30 May 2022
After being closed for 9 days, wheat import has started again through the Hili land port.
A truck carrying 40 metric tons of wheat from India entered Bangladesh through the Hili land port at around 5 pm on Sunday (May 29). Later another truck carrying 40 metric tons of wheat entered.
President of the Hili Land Port Importers-Exporters' Group Harun Ur Rashid Harun confirmed the information through telephone.
He said the Indian government abruptly stopped exporting wheat on May 12. Although the export of wheat was stopped, under the previous letters of credit (LC) wheat was supposed to be exported to Bangladesh. But due to internal complications, the wheat export was stopped from May 20.
However, after 9 days of suspension, the wheat import started through the port on Sunday afternoon, which brought relief to traders.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive