a2i working to ensure online services for all: Palak
Published: 21:29 22 June 2019
State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Zunaid Ahmed Palak today told the Jatiya Sangsad (JS) that a2i Program under the ICT Division is working with an aim of ensuring online services for the country’s all people by 2030.
“a2i Program has taken various initiatives to make the citizen services easier and hassle-free for the people. A total of 417 government services, including 180 digitalized and 237 non-digitalized, have already been made easier for the people,” he said.
Palak was addressing a scripted question from treasury bench lawmaker M Abdul Latif tabled in the House with Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury in the chair.
Informing the House that the people have taken e-services for 43.50 million times so far from different online platforms, the state minister said training is being imparted to the government officials to enhance their skills and capacities to deal with digital technologies.
- ‘Female Blackout’ protest against rape on Facebook
- Differences between official and unofficial smartphones
- How to create your own Facebook Avatar
- Facebook ‘Avatar’ now the cause of annoyance
- ‘GoPro Hero 9’ might come with front display
- NASA to send a new toilet to Space Station
- `Climate change may bring long-dormant viruses back to life`
- Digital detox: $1,000 for spending weekend offline
- Apple loses $81 billion of market value as 5G iPhone 12 launched
- T-Rex fossil sells for record-breaking $31.8m
- Sabhanaz Rashid made Facebook`s Bangladesh affairs officer
- US Air Force to flock plane 5 times the speed of sound
- Freelancers to get ID card
- Lakes of liquid water discovered on Mars
- Baffling radio signal coming from inside Milky Way Galaxy