Zimbabwe starts Bangladesh mission with win
Published: 18:43 11 September 2019
Zimbabwe have started their tri-nation T20 series with seven wickets win over BCB XI in the warm-up match at Fatehullah Khan Saheb Osman Ali Stadium on Wednesday.
Batting first BCB XI posted 142 for seven wickets in 20 overs and Zimbabwe overcomes the target keeping 16 balls in hand with the help of Brendan Taylor's Fifty.
Although Mushfiqur Rahim, Sabbir Rahman and Afif Hossain have started well no one able to cross thirty. Two pacers Saifuddin and Yasin didn't get any wickets.
Saif Hasan and Mohammad Naeem opened the innings for BCB XI. In the third over, Saif struck four and six off Tendai Chatara but he went out in the next over of Neville Madjiva. Before going out Saif made 21 off 19.
Naeem raised hope for something bigger hitting five to fours, but did not last long. Left-arm spinner Shaun Williams took the wicket of Naeem. He scored 23 off 14 balls before being caught.
Sabbir Rahman and Mushfiqur starred in a 53-run partnership for the third wicket before both fell in the 15th over in the space of three deliveries. BCB XI looked to increase the scoring rate but no one got going with Mohammad Saifuddin remaining unbeaten on seven. BCB XI reached 142 for seven in the end with Sean Williams bagging three wickets.
In reply, Masakadza and Taylor gave Zimbabwe a flying start. The duo added 42 runs in 4.5 overs. Afif made first breakthrough picking up the wicket of Masakadza. He also picked up wickets of Craig Ervin and Shaun Williams. Zimbabwe was reduced to 66 for 3 wickets.
Taylor and Timiysen Maruma, however, did not allow any further loss. In the fourth wicket, the duo's unbeaten 78-run partnership gave Zimbabwe an easy seven wickets win. Brendan Taylor hit an unbeaten 44-ball 57 laced with two fours and three sixes while Timcyen Maruma struck a blistering unbeaten 28-ball 44 to take Zimbabwe to a seven-wicket win.
Afif Hossain was the only BCB XI bowler with any success to show for, bagging all three Zimbabwe wickets that fell.
Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will face the first match of the tri-series in Mirpur on Friday. The third team in the series is Afghanistan.
- Shakib removes dangerous Pant
- Copa América
Argentina faces Venezuela in Quarter Final tonight
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Caribbean came to end defeated to India by 125 runs
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today