Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
Published: 13:02 24 April 2019 Updated: 15:47 24 April 2019
The flight of Sri Lankan Airlines carrying the body of Zayan at Dhaka Airport
The body of Awami League leader Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim’s grandson Zayan Chowdhury, who was killed in the deadly Sri Lanka blasts, reached in Dhaka from Sri Lanka on Wednesday.
A flight of Sri Lankan Airlines carrying the body of Zayan, 8, arrived at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 12.50 pm. From the airport, his body will be taken to Banani residence of Sheikh Selim.
His namaz-e-janaza will be held at Banani playground after Asr prayers today. Later, Zayan will be laid to eternal rest at the Banani graveyard where martyrs of August 15, 1975 carnage were buried.
Meanwhile, the physical condition of Moshiul Haque Chowdhary, father of Zayan, has improved slightly, but he is not out of danger.
Moshiul is now undergoing treatment at ICU of a hospital in Sri Lanka and under observation for the next 72 hours. He has suffered splinter injuries in kidney and liver in the terror attack.
The series of blasts at churches and hotels in and outside Sri Lanka’s capital killed more than 300 people and injured hundreds on Easter Sunday. It was the nation’s worst violence since a bloody civil war ended a decade ago.
Eight-year-old Zayan, one of the two sons of Awami League Presidium member Sheikh Selim’s daughter, Sheikh Amena Sultana Sonia, died in an explosion at a hotel where the family was staying. Zayan’s father Mashiul Haque Chowdhury was also injured in the blast.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25