Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
Published: 09:59 16 January 2020 Updated: 12:43 16 January 2020
Deceased Ruhul Amin and his Facebook status
A youth was killed on Wednesday night as a truck hit a microbus at Madhabpur on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway in Habiganj. Four of his family were injured in the incident.
The deceased was identified as Ruhul Amin, son of Alim Uddin of Boiragibazar Khosir Namnagar village of Kurarbazar UP of Beanibazar Upazila in Sylhet.
Accroding to the relatives, after spending 24 years in the United States hoping for citizenship, Ruhul Amin was finally returning home after obtaining.
The parents of Ruhul Amin had already rented a car at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, knowing that their son would come from abroad. He even gave a status on Facebook “Going BD after 24 years.” Though he returned home but killed in the road crash in front of parents, the relatives also said.
The relatives had left for Beanibazar by a microbus carrying Ruhul from Dhaka. On reaching Madhabpur, a truck hit their microbus. Ruhul killed on the spot. The body was recovered, said Iqbal Hossain, officer-in-charge (OC) of Madhabpur Police Station.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble