You can deceive police, not coronavirus: Quader
Published: 16:37 23 May 2020
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader; File Photo
Even if you can deceive police, but there is no chance to deceive the infection and death by the coronavirus, commented Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, in a video message given from his official residence in the capital on Saturday.
He said, “Those who are deceiving the police in various ways ahead of Eid should keep in mind that even if they play false with the police, there is no chance of deceiving coronavirus infection and death. We have to keep in mind so that those should not bring new tragedies.”
The Awami League General Secretary called on the people to celebrate the Eid in accordance with the health guidelines.
He said there is no alternative to taking balanced steps to move forward in a competitive world in need of life and livelihood. “Various steps taken by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in keeping pace with the demands for the post-economic coronavirus reality is praiseworthy.”
He called upon the party leaders and workers to stand by the people of the affected areas to deal with the post-cyclone situation on the eve of Eid.
Obaidul Quader said, “Sheikh Hasina is with you during any disaster. We have to deal with the coronavirus with courage and morale.”
Referring to media reports that the country’s development activities are stalled during the crisis, he said work on other mega projects in the country, including the Padma Bridge, is underway.
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- AL metes out coronavirus awareness leaflets
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- Chhatra League demands ban on Jamaat-Shibir
- Quader calls rich to stand by helpless people
- Hasan Mahmud advises Fakhrul to study
- ‘Refusing 7 March means denying the Independence’
- AL to be more popular in future: HT Imam
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- Govt ready to fight corona: Quader
- BNP doing politics with corona: Hasan Mahmud
- Bangladesh have successfully controlled coronavirus : Nasim
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- No alternative of unity in coronavirus disaster: Obaidul Quader
- BNP continues its unannounced war against court: Quader