Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
Published: 13:20 14 November 2019 Updated: 15:57 14 November 2019
A writ petition has been filed on Thursday to compensate Tk 10 crore to the family of Naimul Abrar, a ninth-grade student of Dhaka Residential Model School and College — in the incident of his death by electrocution — on the occasion of the anniversary of ‘Kishore Alo’, a children’s magazine of Daily Prothom Alo.
Lawyer Faizullah Faiz filed the writ petition with the relevant branch of the High Court.
Earlier on November 3, Faizullah Faiz, a Supreme Court lawyer, sent a legal notice on behalf of Obayed Ahmed, a former student of the college, through registry.
In the notice, the publisher and editor of Daily Prothom Alo, editor of the magazine ‘Kishore Alo’ were asked to compensate for the incident.
At the same time, the Secretary of the Ministry of Information, Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Secretary of the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources were requested to take special security measures for conducting any kind of program in the educational institute.
Within three days of receiving the notice, the publisher and editor of Daily Prothom Alo, editor of the magazine ‘Kishore Alo’ were asked to explain the incident. However, the lawyer did not receive any reply to the notice.
The notice also noted that necessary legal steps would be taken if no compensation was provided.
On November 1, Naimul Abrar, a ninth-grade student of Dhaka Residential Model School and College, was severely injured during the event. Immediately, two specialists (FCPS) physicians of the emergency medical camp established at the ground gave first aid to Naimul. He was then taken to capital’s Universal Hospital where the duty doctor declared Abrar dead.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- SC asks to demolish illegal hotel-motel at Cox’s Bazar beach
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Rajib-Dia killing case
2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Nusrat murder: Death reference sent to HC Tuesday
- SC orders GP to pay Tk 2,000 cr
- ‘Defaming’ holy Quran:
Court orders to crock property of Sefuda