Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
Published: 12:21 18 July 2019 Updated: 12:29 18 July 2019
A writ has been filed to pay Tk one crore to the families of 11 people including the bride and groom — killed as hit by train at the unprotected railway crossing in Sirajganj. In the writ, it was asked to pay Tk 10 lakh to the injured in the incident.
Apart from the permission of the railway authorities — refrain from setting up any level crossing, stop illegal rail crossings across the country, ensuring proper safety in all railway crossings, and taking measures to avoid carrying passengers on the roof of the train.
Supreme Court Barrister Mohammad Humayun Kabir Pallab the writ on behalf of human rights organization ‘Law and Life Foundation’ on Thursday. Earlier, the lawyer sent a legal notice.
The Railway Secretary, Railway Director General, LGRD Secretary, and LGED Chief Engineer have been made defendants.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners