World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
Published: 11:32 17 May 2019
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is on Friday. The day is observed in Bangladesh like 193 member countries of the United Nations’ body-organization, International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
Md Zakir Hossain Khan, BTRC’s Senior Assistant Director of Media and Publications Wing said this information in a press release on Thursday afternoon.
This year, the day’s theme ‘Bridging the Standardization Gap Expert Interviews’ (International Standards for Information Technology). Ministry of Postal, Telecommunication and Information Technology and BTRC organized special events to observe the day in a proper manner and dignity.
On the occasion of the day, President M Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheik Hasina, Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Mustafa Jabbar, State Minister for Information and Communication Technology Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Secretary of Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Ashok Kumar Bishwas, Secretary of Information and Communication Technology NM Ziaul Alam, BTRC chairman Md Zahurul Haque gave separate message.
Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Mustafa Jabbar will inaugurate the main event of the day in Hotel InterContinental on Saturday. Robi, Huawei, and ISPAB will present articles on various topics in the opening program.
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Google doodle celebrates sculptor Novera’s 80th birth anniv
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- Secrete of Blue supergiant stars
- Atomexpo-2019 begins in Russia’s Sochi city
- Scientists find likely source of methane on Mars
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Google celebrates Children’s Day with special Doodle
- Three Mile Island nuclear plant to close by September 30
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- Google celebrates Earth Day with Doodle
- Daraz joins hands with Visa