World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
Published: 11:32 17 May 2019
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is on Friday. The day is observed in Bangladesh like 193 member countries of the United Nations’ body-organization, International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
Md Zakir Hossain Khan, BTRC’s Senior Assistant Director of Media and Publications Wing said this information in a press release on Thursday afternoon.
This year, the day’s theme ‘Bridging the Standardization Gap Expert Interviews’ (International Standards for Information Technology). Ministry of Postal, Telecommunication and Information Technology and BTRC organized special events to observe the day in a proper manner and dignity.
On the occasion of the day, President M Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheik Hasina, Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Mustafa Jabbar, State Minister for Information and Communication Technology Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Secretary of Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Ashok Kumar Bishwas, Secretary of Information and Communication Technology NM Ziaul Alam, BTRC chairman Md Zahurul Haque gave separate message.
Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Mustafa Jabbar will inaugurate the main event of the day in Hotel InterContinental on Saturday. Robi, Huawei, and ISPAB will present articles on various topics in the opening program.
- e-Passport: Requirements and benefits
- Seminar on cybersecurity held at MIST
- Rogue immune cells can infiltrate old brains
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Heavy metals result of supernova explosion
- ‘Cyber 71’ to recover disable Facebook ID if feeds poor people
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Airless tyres will be a thing in 2024
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web