World Book and Copyright Day today
Published: 11:55 23 April 2021
World Book and Copyright Day is being observed on Friday (April 23). On this day in 1995, UNESCO started celebrating the day to encourage reading, publishing and awareness in copyright around the world.
The theme of this year’s day – “To share a story”, keeping Covid-19 in mind.
In 1982, UNESCO organized the International Book Conference in London. The announcement to form a ‘Learning Society’ for the next 10 years was made at that conference. Since then, the day has been celebrated internationally since 1995.
The main objective of the day is to raise public awareness about reading books, printing books, preserving book copyrights, etc. Above all, the day is observed to strengthen the relationship between writers, readers and publishers.
Copyright refers to the sole, exclusive right of the original creator of work over that work. Copyright is usually valid for a limited period. After that period, the work became in the public domain.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground