Workers’ trimming from Jun: BGMEA president
Published: 16:34 4 June 2020
BGMEA President Dr. Rubana Haque said on Thursday said the whole world is in turmoil by the coronavirus, resulting in the decline of consumer demand worldwide under such circumstances. On the other hand, the work of the garment factory has also decreased by 55 percent. In such a situation, workers will be laid off or trimmed from June.
She made the remarks at a virtual press conference on the occasion of the inauguration of the country’s first State of the Art COVID-19 lab to test coronavirus for workers.
So far 264 garment workers have been infected with the coronavirus. Entrepreneurs are bearing the cost of all kinds of treatment for these workers, said BGMEA President Rubana Haque, in response to a query.
- Savings Instrument customers to get tax certificates online
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- Bangladesh tops per capita GDP
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- Stocks bounce back firmly
- Onion prices up by Tk10 a kg in a night
- Momen seeks Thai investment in Special Economic Zones
- Top onion exporter countries in world
- WB approves $200m for Bangladesh to access safe water
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- ECNEC okays 6 projects worth Tk 6,628 cr
- Mosharrof Hossain became new chairman of IDRA
- DSE’s daily turnover surpasses Tk 11bn mark
- Onion likely to surpass last record; Tk 30 kg soared up overnight
- BD can be self-sufficient in onion production within 6yrs