Workers’ trimming from Jun: BGMEA president
Published: 16:34 4 June 2020
BGMEA President Dr. Rubana Haque said on Thursday said the whole world is in turmoil by the coronavirus, resulting in the decline of consumer demand worldwide under such circumstances. On the other hand, the work of the garment factory has also decreased by 55 percent. In such a situation, workers will be laid off or trimmed from June.
She made the remarks at a virtual press conference on the occasion of the inauguration of the country’s first State of the Art COVID-19 lab to test coronavirus for workers.
So far 264 garment workers have been infected with the coronavirus. Entrepreneurs are bearing the cost of all kinds of treatment for these workers, said BGMEA President Rubana Haque, in response to a query.
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- BB relaxes interest on all types of bank loans
- ADB approves additional $500m for Bangladesh
- TCB starts selling onion at Tk 25
- Who gets govt stimulus Tk 2500
- BSTI bans 17 products
- Excise duty on bank deposits increasing
- Global economy may suffer up to 9.7 pc due to COVID-19: ADB
20 million people to be given cash directly
- Bangladesh ranks 9th in strongest emerging economies
- BGMEA, BKMEA urge factory owners to pay wages by Apr 16
- Tk15,000cr fund formed to support business and service sector
- Permission granted to open shopping malls, but..
- Mobile call rate, internet cost increasing
- Goods unloading suspended at Chattogram port