Worker burnt to death in ship-breaking yard fire, injures 5
Published: 13:18 15 May 2019
A worker at a ship-breaking yard was burnt to death and five others sustained injuries while dismantling a ship in Sitakunda upazila on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Rubel, a cutting worker of ‘Premier Trade Corporation and Mahinur Ship Recycling’ yard.
Zahirul Islam, SI of Chattogram Medical College Hospital police camp, said six workers sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at the pump room of a scrap ship around 8:30 am.
They were taken to CMCH where the doctors declared Rubel dead.
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- 20 bodies of premature babies found in SBMC`s dustbin
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire
- 15 deceased in Churihatta fire from Noakhali
- MP Couple