Worker burnt to death in ship-breaking yard fire, injures 5
Published: 13:18 15 May 2019
A worker at a ship-breaking yard was burnt to death and five others sustained injuries while dismantling a ship in Sitakunda upazila on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Rubel, a cutting worker of ‘Premier Trade Corporation and Mahinur Ship Recycling’ yard.
Zahirul Islam, SI of Chattogram Medical College Hospital police camp, said six workers sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at the pump room of a scrap ship around 8:30 am.
They were taken to CMCH where the doctors declared Rubel dead.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Arson attack on Feni madrasa girl: another arrested
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!