Word like Cow or Om enchants many people: Modi
Published: 20:58 11 September 2019
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said today that "some people" get a shock at hearing words like "cow" and "Om".
India’s GDP is palpitating. The pace of economic growth in the country is slowing down. Economists are questioning the country's economy in many fields including the manufacturing industry, agriculture. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is not talking about it directly but gives a different message about the rural economy.
"Some people, if they hear words like 'gaay' (cow) and Om, their hair stands on end. They feel that the country has gone back to the 16th century. Can one talk about the rural economy without animals," Prime Minister said today as he launched a disease prevention program for livestock at Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
On Wednesday Modi launched the National Animal Disease Control Program (NADCP) along with other schemes for farmers. He said, “The environment and fauna have always been significant to India's economic concerns. We can move towards a new, empowered India only by maintaining a balance between nature and economic progress".
During the Prime Minister's speech, UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was present there. At this event, PM Modi personally interacted with farmers.
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- 3 workers dead, 18 injured in Cambodia building collapse
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- "Huge" blast rocks military hospital in Pakistan
- Rahul Gandhi quits as India opposition leader
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- More than 100 bodies found floating in Libya coast