Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
Published: 11:33 21 July 2019 Updated: 12:13 21 July 2019
Taslima Begum Renu was killed in a lynch-mob attack in capital`s Badda on Saturday morning.
A case was lodged against 400-500 unnamed people over the death of a woman by angry mobs in capital's Badda area after they were suspected to be child-lifters.
Victims' nephew Nasir Uddin filed the case with Badda Police Station on Saturday night, said duty officer of the Badda Police Station SI Masud confirmed the matter.
On Saturday morning, Taslima Begum Renu was killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Badda in the capital. Inspector Yasin Gazi of Badda police station said locals found the woman behaving suspiciously in front of Uttar Badda Govt Primary School around 8:00 am.
A rumour spread around that the woman was a child lifter, he said, adding that angry mob indiscriminately beat the woman, leaving her critically injured.
On information, police appeared at the spot, rescued the woman and took her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where physicians declared her dead around 10:20 am, the inspector added.
Later, her nephew and sister Rehana identified the body of the deceased at DMCH in the evening. She has an 11-year-old son and four-year-old daughter. Two and a half years ago, she got divorced with Taslim Uddin. Since then, she had been living in a house in Mohakhali Wireless area with his children.
Nasir Uddin, the nephew of the victim, said Renu was suffering from mental illness. She was visiting from school to school to admit her four-year-old daughter in school. That's why she might go to Badda School.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status