Woman lost everything by flood becomes mother
Published: 15:10 9 August 2020
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The house and living place of Shariful Islam Parvez of Banshila Dakshin Para village in Natore's Naldanga were submerged in water during mid-July as the Baranai River was flowing above the danger level.
Hence, five members of the family including the pregnant daughter Suraiya took shelter at Md. Yunus Ali's house in the neighboring Shyamnagar.
After being informed about that matter, UNO Abdullah Al Mamun stood by Suraiya and assured all kinds of cooperation.
The pregnant Suraiya has become a mother as the woman gave birth to a baby girl at Bismillah Clinic in Naldanga on Friday night.
Director of the clinic Anwar Hossain said that both mother and daughter are healthy while UNO Abdullah Al Mamun has made all arrangements for their treatment.
Meanwhile, UNO Mamun, Upazila Vice Chairman Abdul Alim and other administration officials and people's representatives went to the clinic to visit Suraiya and her daughter on Saturday afternoon.
UNO Abdullah Al Mamun said Suraiya was devastated by the floods. I just tried stand by her side as a man, the newborn brought smile to the family.
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Top terrorist Mina Kamal killed in Khulna gunfight
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Gangetic dolphin caught in Dharla
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- Two killed in Teknaf `shootout` with police
- Pori gave birth to Corona in Ctg zoo
- Akkelpur OC withdrawn over irregularities