Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
Published: 17:20 25 June 2019
In Cumilla, Burichang, two bridges named Mithlama and Manghata Bridge on Kurpai-Abidpur road under Mukam UP, had been collapsed soon after construction about two years ago. Students, businessmen and various vehicles have been moving on this road with highly accident risk for years while minor accident occurs frequently. But none to see.
The locals complained, the roof molding of these bridges collapsed due to the use of low quality materials in the construction. But there is no way to complain about this as Upazila engineer denied and said that LGED didn’t build the bridge while the project official said that the bridge was not in their project.
Local businessman Zakir Hossain Raju said, the road is very important for us. This road is used to travel to different areas including Debibbazar, Muradnagar. Besides, agricultural products are taken to the country’s largest vegetable market ‘Nimsar’ using this is road. Many students of School-college-madrasa travel by road every day. Minor accidents take place most often due to this roof collapsing. Constantly, we have to move around with risks especially in the night most. So many people travel by alternative roads.
Upazila Engineer Jihan Al-Tuhin said, “The long-term unreformed bridge-culverts are not in the list of LGEDs. So reform cannot be arranged.”
Upazila Project Implementation Officer. Mostafa Maidul Morshed Murad said, “I also searched for these two bridges. These are not in our project. So they are not being reformed.”
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF