What to do when you are indoors or out during cyclone
Published: 20:23 19 May 2020
A photo of cyclone lashing out coastal area; File Photo
Cyclone Amphan is approaching and likely to hit the region between Khulna and Chattogram on Tuesday night. Then the cyclone may cross the coast of Bangladesh by Wednesday afternoon or evening. At this time, there may be tidal waves at a height of 5 to 10 feet.
When you stay indoors in the time of cyclone, you have to be more cautious. Let’s learn what to do –
- Electricity, water, gas connection of the house should be disconnected.
- Do not stay in a muddy house or tin house at all.
- If it does not feel safe in the terraced house, go to the shelter before the storm.
- If it is possible to listen to the radio on mobile, make arrangements for it.
- Keep the mobile fully charged in advance.
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- If possible, make a terraced hole in the room. You will be able to keep the essentials in this hole before the tidal wave. There will be rains after a cyclone. Rainwater is pure so make arrangements for water retention.
Here’s what to do if you are out during the cyclone:
- Do not enter any damaged house.
- Take care of broken electrical poles, wires, and sharp objects.
- Find a permanent home or a safe shelter as soon as possible.
- Never stand under a tree.
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Delhir Akhra in Kishoreganj
- Visit 20 most spectacular places before die
- South Asia’s largest Buddha statue at Rangamati
- Cockroaches of thousands mn yrs found in amber
- February 29: A rare day of calendar
- Let all disgrace wiped out, let the world cleansed
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- Air travel on flying boat in Bangladesh
- What to do when you are indoors or out during cyclone
- Mysterious ‘Jewish Club’ in Dhaka