What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
Published: 16:27 23 May 2020
It is better to say Eid Salat at Eidgah
Eid prayers are two rak'ats (each rak’at is a single unit of salat) and it is obligatory. There is no azan-ikamat in it. Eid prayers are also obligatory on those on whom Friday prayers are obligatory.
It is better to offer Eid prayers on the Eid ground. But for the people of Mecca, the Masjid al-Haram is better. Eid prayers are also permissible in the mosques of the city. (Bukhari: 1/131, Fatawa Shami: 1/555, 1/557, Al Muhajjab: 1/388).
What to do if Eid prayers are missed:
If someone misses the Eid prayers, he should try to join another congregation in the city or around. In the end, if the prayers are missed, then it has no function. However, he should perform four rak'ats of Ishraq, supererogatory prayers, and not say extra Takbeer like Eid prayers. (Fatawa Shami: 1/561)
- Dua to get relief from Coronavirus
- Sehri and Iftar schedule revealed for upcoming Ramadan
- Jumu’ah prayer in 5 mins enforced!
- Dol Purnima today
- Ramadan starts on Friday in Saudi Arabia
- Only wooden mosque in South Asia
- Ways to make your child devoted to Salat
- Imams and Khatibs urged to discuss over coronavirus in Khutba
- Enviable death of a Muslim
- Hajj: How much to pay this season
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on Mar 22
- Countries of state religion Islam
- Holy Ramadan to start on April 25