‘We didn’t get proposal from India to import onions’
Published: 22:14 16 January 2020
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi has said that he has not yet received any official proposal for onions from India.
He said this responding to a query of reporters after a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Government Procurement at the Secretariat on Thursday.
The Commerce Minister said, "We have not received any official proposal yet." Such proposals will come through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If the proposal is received, the government will consider it.
"We are now importing onions directly " he added. If it is suitable then it will be seen. But now we do not have it in consideration.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials