Wasim to be buried at Banani graveyard
Published: 10:15 18 April 2021
Wasim was one of the top heroes in folk fantasy and action films during the `70s and `80s
Renowned actor Mesbahuddin Ahmed Wasim will be laid to rest at Banani graveyard in Dhaka on Sunday.
Zayed Khan, the General Secretary of Shilpi Samiti, confirmed the information.
Wasim, one of the top heroes in folk fantasy and action films during the '70s and '80s, passed away at 12:30 in the capital's Shahabuddin Medical College Hospital at the age of 71. He had been suffering from various old-age ailments.
Zayed Khan said that the first namaz-e-janaza of Wasim will be held after the zuhr prayers at the Gulshan Azad Mosque. Later, he will be buried at Banani graveyard following the second namaz-e-janaza there.
Born on March 23 in 1950 in Amirabad of Chandpur district, Wasim debuted in the film industry in 1972 as an Assistant Director in the film 'Chhanda Hariye Gelo'.
He later made his acting debut in 1974 with the film 'Raater Par Din'. He has acted in more than 150 films in his illustrious career. 'Chhand Hariye Gelo', 'Rater Por Din', 'Dosto Dushman', 'The Rain', 'Rajdulari', 'Bahadur', 'Manosi', 'Saudagar', 'Naram Garam', 'Bedwin', 'Iman' and 'Lal Mem Saheb' are notable among them.
- Mim Mantasha gets engaged to DU teacher
- Actress Romana detained for embezzling crores of takas
- Romana marries 28 times, embezzles huge money from expats: Police
- Faria Shahrin got engaged
- Anushka reveals daughter’s name with adorable photo
- Ekushey Padak-winning singer Mita Haque dies of COVID-19
- Nikhil sends divorce notice to Nusrat
- BTS named world’s best-selling artists of 2020
- Ctg Road crash
Singer Beauty in critical condition
- Moushumi, her son, daughter-in-law contract Covid-19
- Dipjol becomes grandfather of granddaughter
- Golden Globe Awards 2021: Full list of winners
- Kobori in ICU as condition deteriorates
- Popy ‘married’ a Malaysian expatriate!
- Oscar-winning Canadian actor Christopher dies