Walking beyond political obstacles, challenges
Published: 10:48 24 August 2019
Awami League general secretary and Road and Transport and Bridge Minister Obaidul Quader said, after bringing back, maximum punishment will be ensured on BNP acting chairman Tarique Rahman, the mastermind of the grenade attack.
He said the government was doing its best to bring back Tariq Rahman. The Law Ministry is working on this. “We are moving beyond political obstacles and challenges,” he also commented on this burning issue.
He said this after paying tribute on the 15th martyrdom anniversary of former Awami League president Ivy Rahman at Banani Cemetery in the capital on Saturday morning.
He said Ivy Rahman was one of the stars in the women politics of Bangladesh. She was unconcerned in the struggle for democracy. She severe injured in the grenade attack. But could not receive treatment in time. She might have survived if treatment had not been delayed.
Awami League joint-general secretary Mahbub ul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun, state minister for shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury, state minister of religion Sheikh Md. Abdullah including the central leaders were also present.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH