WB to aid in Delta Plan IMP
Published: 19:08 11 July 2019
The World Bank will assist Bangladesh in investment flow and funding to implement Delta Plan.
World Bank's Regional Director of South Asia John Roome disclosed this in a meeting with State Minister for Water Resources Zahid Faruque at noon on Thursday.
Sources said that, in the meeting, the State Minister highlighted the initiatives of the Ministry of Water Resources and the upcoming action plan to adapt the climate change and adaptation activities to achieve sustainable growth.
The State Minister also said that since Delta Plan has been associated with implementation of a number of programs and projects for a long time, so many obstacles will also be faced. “That is why we are expecting more cooperation from global development partners like the World Bank to achieve the goal of Delta Plan,” added Zahid Faruque.
In the discussion, Water Resources Secretary Kabir Bin Anwar urged the World Bank to extend all-round cooperation to the Delta Plan, the source also informed.
Meanwhile, the World Bank representative John Roome discussed the World Bank's strong support for the implementation of the Delta Plan, and emphasized to make a core group and a field of mutual cooperation through its implementation, another sources informed.
Program leader Sanjay Srivastava, Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist Swarna Kazi and Senior Water Resource Management Specialist ATM Khalekuzzaman of the John Roome led group while additional secretary of the Ministry of Water Resources Mahmudul Islam, Joint Chiefs of Water Resources and Private Secretary of the Minister of Water Resources Noor Alam in the State minister Zahid Faruque led group attended the meeting.
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Fiery price in abundant Hilsa
- DSE to new building in October
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- Spice-market unrest before Eid
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- Govt to purchase Vehicle Mounted Data Interceptor through DPM
- Tannery owners to buy rawwhide from Saturday
- Plastic bags from jute coming to market soon