WB to aid in Delta Plan IMP
Published: 19:08 11 July 2019
The World Bank will assist Bangladesh in investment flow and funding to implement Delta Plan.
World Bank's Regional Director of South Asia John Roome disclosed this in a meeting with State Minister for Water Resources Zahid Faruque at noon on Thursday.
Sources said that, in the meeting, the State Minister highlighted the initiatives of the Ministry of Water Resources and the upcoming action plan to adapt the climate change and adaptation activities to achieve sustainable growth.
The State Minister also said that since Delta Plan has been associated with implementation of a number of programs and projects for a long time, so many obstacles will also be faced. “That is why we are expecting more cooperation from global development partners like the World Bank to achieve the goal of Delta Plan,” added Zahid Faruque.
In the discussion, Water Resources Secretary Kabir Bin Anwar urged the World Bank to extend all-round cooperation to the Delta Plan, the source also informed.
Meanwhile, the World Bank representative John Roome discussed the World Bank's strong support for the implementation of the Delta Plan, and emphasized to make a core group and a field of mutual cooperation through its implementation, another sources informed.
Program leader Sanjay Srivastava, Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist Swarna Kazi and Senior Water Resource Management Specialist ATM Khalekuzzaman of the John Roome led group while additional secretary of the Ministry of Water Resources Mahmudul Islam, Joint Chiefs of Water Resources and Private Secretary of the Minister of Water Resources Noor Alam in the State minister Zahid Faruque led group attended the meeting.
- Rubana Huq-led pannel wins BGMEA polls
- Investcorp eager to invest in Bangladesh
- Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Asia markets climb as Fed signals possible rate cut
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- ‘1000 workers will go abroad from each upazila’
- Two-day BPO Summit begins tomorrow
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Bangladesh wins best award in Nigeria Intl trade fair
- Poverty rate comes down
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Govt moves to strengthen flower marketing system
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela