Voting underway in 204 UPs
Published: 10:55 21 June 2021 Updated: 12:48 21 June 2021
Voting in 204 Union Parishads elections in the first phase has begun at 8:00 am on Monday that will continue till 4:00 pm without any break.
According to the Election Commission (EC), the electronic voting machines (EVMs) are being used in the voting of 20 UPs out of 204.
Some 173 Union Parishads are going to polls in the Barishal division, while two UPs in the Narsingdi district, six UPs in Gazipur, 13 in Madaripur, two UPs in Sunamganj, six UPs in Laxmipur, one UP in Rangpur and one UP in Barguna.
Earlier, the Election Commission (EC) decided to hold elections to 367 UPs of the country in the first phase. But, on June 10 last, the EC postponed polls to 163 Union Parishads due to the high infection rate of coronavirus.
Besides, as per the schedules, by-polls to Laxmipur-2 and Jhalokati Sadar and Seterganj (Dinajpur) municipality elections is also underway. The EVMs are being used in Laxmipur-2 by-polls and both Jhalokati Sadar and Seterganj municipality elections.
Earlier, the EC instructed the authorities concerned to hold the elections following the health guidelines.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic