Victory-Day Hockey Navy, Army makes good start
Published: 23:28 7 December 2019
Bangladesh Navy beat Sonali Bank by 2-0 goals in the opening match of Walton Refrigerator Victory Day Hockey at the MaulanaBhashani National Stadium here on Saturday.
Divisional Commissioner of Dhaka Mohammad Jainul Bari inaugurated the meet as the chief guest.
Bangladesh Hockey Federation (BHF) vice presidents Sajed AA Adel, Zaki Ahmed Ripon, acting general secretary Mohammad Yousuf, BHF member cum tournament secretary Badrul Islam Dipu and executive director of the meet’s sponsor Walton Group Iqbal Bin Anwar were also present on the occasion.
In the day’s opener, Krishna Kumar opened account for Navy from a penalty corner in the 39th minute while Fazle Hasan Rabbi sealed the fate of the match scoring the 2nd goal in the 50th minute.
In the day’s other match, two brilliant hattricks by Milon Hossain and Sohanur Rahman helped Bangladesh Army to pile up a massive 12-2 goals victory over Bangladesh Police at the same venue.
Milon Hossain made a hattrick scoring four goals in the 1st, 29th, 32nd and 44th minutes while Sohanur Rahman completed a hattrick scoring 12th, 16th and 21st minutes.
Apart from Milon and Sohanur, Mamun Mia scored twice in the 9th and 14th minutes, Hasan Jubier scored twice in the 38th, 42nd minutes while Ahsan Habib scored one in the 18th minute for Army.
Hridoy and Mahfuzur Rahman netted one goal each for Bangladesh Police in the 13th and 50th minutes respectively.
In the next match on Sunday, Bangladesh Air Force will play against BKSP at 3 pm at the same venue.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Jamal Bhuyan begins new innings secretly
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?