Victim married rapist with 6-days newborn
Published: 22:10 10 July 2019 Updated: 22:13 10 July 2019
A maternity woman In Narayanganj’s Rupganj got married with rapist aiming to attain paternal identity of her 6-days old newborn baby while the groom in abroad.
At the upazila auditorium on Tuesday night this marriage ceremony was held in the presence of government officials. All the formalities have been done over telephone due to the groom is in abroad.
Sources said, the mentally handicapped girl Nadia Akhter was pregnant due to constant rape by Mobarak Hossain of Bholab area last year. After disclosure of the incident, the rapist escaped abroad. The woman gave birth to a daughter on Friday. In this situation, the newborn girl gets her paternal identity through the marriage with the rapist in the intervention of the upazila administration.
It is known that, Mubarak Hossain son of Salabuddin Bhuiyan of Bholab area raped Nadeem Mia's intellectually disabled girl Nadia Akhter frequently in the commitment of marriage. At one stage, Nadia became pregnant. After knowing the details of Nadia, Mubarak refused to marry her. Nadia gave birth to a baby girl on Friday. After five days in the hope of justice from the local people, the girl's family demanded justice to UNO Mamtaz Begum. The UNO went hardline on this matter and ask them to marry the girl due to son's misdeeds. Nadia got married in the video call with the expatriate Mubarak in a contract of Tk 10 lakhs in cash (Denmohar) and two percent land in the name of newborn with the consent of both families on Tuesday night.
The UNO carry herself all the costs including wedding sarees, cabins fees and others. The locals expressed their satisfaction as the matter is a fair and social solution.
Upazila Secondary Education Officer Omar Faruque Bhuiyan, Bholab UP Chairman Alamgir Hossain Titu, UP Awami League general secretary Hasan Awashar, and Kazi Abdul Matin were present in the marriage.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
- Alim examinee set on fire
DMCH formed board for Feni`s Nusrat Rafi
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Arson attack on Feni madrasa girl: another arrested
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!