Veteran actor Wasim dies
Published: 09:36 18 April 2021 Updated: 11:03 18 April 2021
Veteran actor Wasim
Veteran Bengali actor Wasim has passed away at a hospital in the capital in the early hours of Sunday (Inna Lillahi wa Inna ilayhi raji'un). He was 71.
Confirming the information, Zayed Khan, general secretary of Bangladesh Film Artistes' Association, said that Wasim breathed his last at 12:30 am while undergoing treatment at Shahabuddin Medical College Hospital in the capital.
He said that Wasim had been suffering from various old-age ailments for a long time. He had been unable to walk due to the illness for around a month.
Wasim, one of the top heroes in folk fantasy and action films during the '70s and '80s, made his debut in Dhaka cinema in 1972 as an assistant director in the film 'Chhand Hariye Gelo'. His first movie as a hero is 'Rater Por Din'. Directed by Mohsin, the film was released in 1974. Wasim became a superstar overnight after the release of the movie.
He has acted in more than 150 films in his illustrious career. 'Chhand Hariye Gelo', 'Rater Por Din', 'Dosto Dushman', 'The Rain', 'Rajdulari', 'Bahadur', 'Manosi', 'Saudagar', 'Naram Garam', 'Bedwin', 'Iman' and 'Lal Mem Saheb' are notable among them.
- Mim Mantasha gets engaged to DU teacher
- Actress Romana detained for embezzling crores of takas
- Romana marries 28 times, embezzles huge money from expats: Police
- Faria Shahrin got engaged
- Anushka reveals daughter’s name with adorable photo
- Ekushey Padak-winning singer Mita Haque dies of COVID-19
- Nikhil sends divorce notice to Nusrat
- BTS named world’s best-selling artists of 2020
- Ctg Road crash
Singer Beauty in critical condition
- Moushumi, her son, daughter-in-law contract Covid-19
- Dipjol becomes grandfather of granddaughter
- Golden Globe Awards 2021: Full list of winners
- Kobori in ICU as condition deteriorates
- Popy ‘married’ a Malaysian expatriate!
- Oscar-winning Canadian actor Christopher dies