Verdict in Dipon murder case on Feb 10
Published: 17:20 24 January 2021
The accused in the case filed over the murder of Jagriti Prokashoni publisher Foysal Arefin Dipon. Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A court in Dhaka on Sunday set February 10 to pronounce judgment in the case lodged over the murder of Jagriti Prokashoni publisher Foysal Arefin Dipon.
Judge of Dhaka Anti-Terrorism Tribunal Md Mujibur Rahman fixed the date to deliver the verdict at the end of the case proceedings today. At that time, the accused were produced before the court.
Earlier, 23 witnesses out of the total 26 have testified in the case.
On November 31 in 2016, Jagriti Prokashoni publisher Dipon was hacked to death at his Aziz Super Market office. His wife Rajia Rahman filed the case on that day with Shahbagh police station.
Investigation Officer (IO) and detective branch assistant police commissioner Fazlur Rahman on November 15 in 2018, submitted the charge sheet against eight accused.
On March 19, 2019, the tribunal accepted the charge sheet filed in the case and issued arrest warrant against fugitive accused ABT leaders, sacked army major Syed Ziaul Haque and Akram Hossain.
The tribunal on October 13, 2019, framed charges against eight members of banned militant outfit Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT) in the case.
The accused are sacked Army Major Ziaul Haque, Moinul Hasan Shamim, Md Abdus Sabur, Khairul Islam, Md Abu Siddique Sohel, Md Mozammel Hossain Saimon, Md Sheikh Abdullah, and Akram Hossain alias Hasib. Of the eight, six already have given confessional statements in the case.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Money laundering: Report against 8 including Papul on Jan 31
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- ULAB student rape, death: DJ Neha lands in jail