Verdict in DU student rape case Nov 19
Published: 15:19 12 November 2020
RAB arrested Majnu from Dhaka`s Shewra area on January 8. File Photo
A court in Dhaka set November 19 to pronounce its judgment against accused Majnu in Dhaka University student rape case.
Judge Begum Mosammat Kamrunnahar of Dhaka’s Women and Child Abuse Suppression Tribunal-7 fixed the date on Thursday after a hearing.
State Counsel Afroza Farhana Ahmed Orange confirmed the information.
Earlier on March 16, Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP)submitted a charge-sheet against Majnu to Dhaka Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s (CMM) court.
On January 5 this year, a DU student was raped in Kurmitola while she was going to her friend’s house around 7:30 pm. The next day, the girl’s father filed the case with Cantonment Police Station, accusing unknown people.
Later, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) arrested 30-year-old Majnu from Dhaka's Shewra area on January 8.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15