Verdict against Moulvibazar’s 3 war criminals Thursday
Published: 15:28 17 May 2022 Updated: 20:29 17 May 2022
International Crimes Tribunal (ICT); File Photo
International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) will announce its verdict against three people, including Abdul Aziz Hablu of Moulvibazar’s Barlekha Police Station, on Thursday in a case of crimes against humanity committed during the Great Liberation War of 1971.
Three judges of ICT including tribunal chairman Justice Shahinur Islam fixed the date for the verdict on Tuesday.
On April 12, the tribunal placed the case in the CAV (Curia Advisari Vult – awaiting verdict). After waiting for more than a month, the court fixed the date for the verdict.
The three accused in the case are -- Abdul Aziz, Abdul Mannan and Abdul Matin. Among them, Abdul Matin is a fugitive.
M Sarwar Hossain and Abdus Sattar Palwan were heard for the accused while Prosecutors Mokhlesur Rahman Badal and Sabina Yasmin Khan Munni represented the state.
Later, Sabina Yasmin Khan Munni told the media that the hearing of the case against the three war criminals of Moulvibazar’s Barlekha Police Station was over. Later, they were kept waiting for the verdict. If the case is on the list for the verdict today, the date for the verdict will be fixed for Thursday, May 19.
- Human Trafficking: Report against dancer Ivan on Aug 14
- Provision of permission for arresting govt employee cancelled: HC
- Savar’s Neela murder trial begins
- Female doctor murder: Accused gives confessional statement
- Inciting student Sanjana to ‘commit suicide’: Father remanded
- Crimes against humanity: Khalilur gets death penalty
- Khaleda`s jail term suspension extended by 6 months
- Indictment hearing in two cases against Khaleda Oct 4
- Uttara girder tragedy: 10 accused placed on remand
- Hoshi Kunio murder: HC upholds death penalty for 4
- Ramna Batamul bomb blast case: Arguments August 11
- Cricketer Al Amin secures 8-week anticipatory bail
- Unscrewing nut-bolt of Padma Bridge: Bayezid denied bail
- Mitu murder: Charge sheet against 7 including Babul Akhter
- Legal notice to withdraw Lifebuoy soap ad within 72hrs