VP Nur responses over rape case lodged against him
Published: 19:54 21 September 2020
VP Nurul Haque Nur. File image
Dhaka University Central Student Union Vice President (VP) Nurul Haq Nur has given his statement after a rape case is lodged against him with Lalbagh police station in the capital.
VP Noor gave his speech in a live video. Earlier on Sunday night, a student of the history department of Islam at Dhaka University filed the case.
However, Nur thinks that the case is part of a continuous conspiracy against him. In his statement, Nur claimed that he did not know much about the case and that the plaintiff did not know the woman either.
In the live video, he said, "I don't know where the case was filed at Lalbagh police station." I don't even know which girl has filed the case. False charges against us are nothing new. These cases and attacks are part of a series of conspiracies.
"There have been several cases against me before," Nur said. There have also been cases of theft and religious sentiment. These cases are basically a conspiracy to kill our character, he said. We are not disturbed in these cases. The countrymen understand and know everything. I do not know the plaintiff, he further claimed.
Lastly, he said, there is no benefit in filing these cases. I am not afraid of such lawsuits. The struggle to give back the right to vote to the people must continue. Remember- Time Goes Reversed Naturally.
- NCTB publishes short syllabus for SSC exams
- SSC-HSC short syllabus published
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- Nehal Ahmed made chairman of Dhaka Board
- HSC results being published with 75% SSC, 25% JSC results
- SSC registration card distribution started
- DU ranks 134 in Asia’s best universities list
- Al-Hayatul Ulaya results published, 72.65pc pass
- ‘HSC exams to be taken in July-August’
- Viqarunnisa principal Fauzia Rezwan made OSD
- Dipu Moni to hold briefing today on students’ admission process
- ‘Regular class in class-X and XII, once a week for others’
- 19 universities to hold admission test in single cluster
- 40th BCS written test evaluation at final stage
- Textbook distribution begins across country