Unidentified child killed in Capital train-crash
Published: 22:49 8 December 2019
An unidentified 11 year-old child was killed in a train accident in city’s Banani staff area this morning.
The accident took place when the child fell down from the running Mohonganj-bound train named ‘Mohua Commuter Express’, said Akbar Hossain, sub-inspector (SI) of Airport Police Outpost.
The child was crushed under the running train after he fell down, he said, adding that police recovered the body and sent it to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) morgue for an autopsy.
Hossain said the child wore a white-colored ‘Panjabi’ and ‘Payjama’.
A case was filed in this connection with Dhaka Railway (Kamalapur) Police Station.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Bengali calendar changes
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Dhaka ranks 7th worst in Air Quality Index
- 5 children killed in Mirpur gas cylinder blast
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Principal Siraj beaten by other accused