US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
Published: 21:10 6 September 2019
A Dhaka court today placed US-Bangla Airlines cabin crew Rabeya Sheikh Mousumi, who was detained on September 5 with around 10-kilogram of gold bars at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, on two-day remand in a case lodged over the incident.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Mohammad Jasim passed the order as investigation officer of the case and Airport Police Station Sub Inspector (SI) Shafikul Islam produced Mousumi before the court and pleaded to place her on a 10-day remand.
Members of Airport Armed Police Battalion (AAPBn) detained the cabin crew as she landed here from Muscat and was trying to board a vehicle after coming out of the airport through domestic terminal.
Confirming the news to BSS, AAPBn Additional Superintendent of Police(operations and media) Alamgir Hossain said being tipped off, his men challenged Mousumi while she was trying to board a vehicle.
“We brought her to our office and found a total 82 gold bars from her pocket and scotch-taped to different parts of her body,” Hossain added.
Later, a case was filed in this regard.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- SC asks to demolish illegal hotel-motel at Cox’s Bazar beach
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Rajib-Dia killing case
2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Nusrat murder: Death reference sent to HC Tuesday
- SC orders GP to pay Tk 2,000 cr
- ‘Defaming’ holy Quran:
Court orders to crock property of Sefuda