UP member beaten to death in Rajbari
Published: 13:42 11 September 2019
A Union Parishad member was beaten to death by miscreants at Bagduli Bazar in Pangsha Upazila of Rajbari on Tuesday night.
The deceased was identified as Shawkat Ali Mandal, the victim, a member of ward number-4 under Mourat Union Parishad. He was also the general secretary of ruling Awami League’s ward unit.
Pangsha Police Station officer-in-charge Ahsan Ullah said criminals barged into a pharmacy around 8:30 pm and assaulted Shawkat. Later, he was taken to Faridpur Medical College Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries around 3 am.
The motive behind the assault could be known immediately, said the OC.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement