UNO Pranati in COVID-19 battle by keeping son, family away
Published: 21:56 22 May 2020
Uzirpur UNO Pranati Biswas
UNO Pranati Biswas of Uzirpur in Barisal has taken up the fight against the deadly coronavirus by keeping her five-year-old son and family away. This official of the upazila administration has already been widely praised for delivering the Prime Minister’s relief without any complaint among the helpless, poor people who have become jobless due to the lockdown.
Wherever received the news of COVID-19 patient, the UNO rushed there and take necessary measures to make people aware, including lockdown.
She formed a voluntary organization for burial and exequial of people who died by the coronavirus. The organization has already carried out the burial of three victims and suspects.
The UNO even delivered relief to 18,000 families in the upazila through the Prime Minister.
At present, she started the relief activities program for more than 10,000 families in the upazila on the occasion of Eid.
In this regard, UNO Pranati Biswas said, it is a pleasure to work for the welfare of the people. But there is a risk to life. The closeness of children and family cannot be expected if one wishes at this time.
We are moving forward in this war with the cooperation of all including MP, Upazila Chairman, Municipal Mayor, Political Leader, UP Chairman, Member, Chowkidar, Dafadar, Ansar VDP member, she further said adding, “On the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, 10 tons of rice and Tk 31,000 have been allocated in each UP including the municipality.”
This rice has been distributed to 1000 families in each UP. So far, the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund has provided food aid to about 30,000 families, including various NGOs. Besides, various individuals and voluntary organizations have provided separate assistance.
Pranati Biswas further said that necessary action will be taken by making a list of victims by Super Cyclone Amphan.
- Wife hacked dead in Facebook live
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus suspected youth in Naogaon, report this evening
- Expatriate hospitalised suspecting coronavirus in Sylhet
- 3 women heading an Upazila
- 40 quarantined in Narayanganj
- 29 suspected coronavirus patient quarantine in Madaripur
- Most infected in last 24 hours in Gazipur
- Locust attack in Teknaf
- Beggar donates Tk 10,000 to UNO`s relief fund
- 30 missing as bridal party carrying boat sinks in Padma
- Chaos over mobile theft in Soumya’s wed
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wife hacked dead in live: Husband gives confessional statement
- 15 Willes Little Flower students injured
Teacher loses hand in Gopalganj road crash