UK records second youngest death in COVID-19
Published: 10:18 19 June 2020 Updated: 22:20 19 June 2020
The death of a 13-day-old baby has become the second youngest death in coronavirus infection in the UK.
The UK's National Health Service reported the baby's death on Thursday, according to BBC’s news. The child had no underlying health conditions.
Earlier, a 3-day old baby named Coolio Carl Justin Morgan had died of coronavirus in a hospital in Bridgend, South Wales.
In a statement, Sheffield Children's Hospital said: "Sadly on Monday, June 15, a child passed away... having been brought in to the hospital in a critical condition. Attempts at resuscitation were unsuccessful.
"The cause of death is not yet known. Tests have confirmed that the child had Covid-19, but it isn't yet clear if it was a contributing factor."
- Bangalore clash: 3 killed, Sec 144 imposed (video)
- Trump accused of rape: US court deadlines for DNA submit
- Maci Currin: Texas teen at 6ft 10in has world’s longest legs
- Trump’s heartfelt statement over younger’s death
- 2,000-year-old brain cells of Vesuvius victim found intact
- Alina Kabaeva: Putin’s lover vanished after giving birth to twins
- Trump announces peace deal between Bahrain and Israel
- Manhunt in Kenosha: 2 more killed, 1 wounded on 3rd-night protest
- Chinese vlogger dies after ‘set on fire by during live stream’
- Air strikes in Afghanistan kill 45
- Violence sparked as another black man shot by US police (video)
- Yes, Trump conspired with the Russians; Admits republican Senat
- British soldier arrested opposing infants killing in Yemen war
- 450 Indians detained in Saudi for part-time begging
- Man cuts pregnant wife’s belly to check baby’s gender