U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
Published: 20:22 12 September 2019
Bangladesh Under-19 Cricket team will play the Indian Under-19 team in the final of the eight-nation ACC U-19 Asia Cup at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Saturday.
Both India and Bangladesh advanced to the final of the Asian Youth meet by virtue of gaining higher points in their respective group stage matches as both the semifinals were washed out due to rain at two separate venues in Sri Lanka on Thursday.
In the day’s semifinals, Bangladesh was scheduled to play Afghanistan in Moratuwa while India was supposed to take on Sri Lank in Colombo. But both the semifinals were washed out without a single ball being bowled due to heavy downpour in the Island nation.
Bangladesh emerged champions in the four-team Group B with all-win record securing full 6 points from three matches.
On their way to the semifinals, the Young Tigers crushed the UAE by 6 wickets in their first match at Katunayake on Friday, beat Nepal also by 6 wickets in 2nd match at Colombo on Sunday and defeated Sri Lanka by 42 runs in last group match at Moratuwa on Tuesday.
On the other hand, Bangladesh’s rivals India also reached the final being the champions of four-team Group A also with all-win run securing full 6 points from three matches.
India beat Kuwait by 7 wickets in their first match at Colombo, crushed Pakistan by 60 runs in 2nd match at Moratuwa and defeated Afghanistan by 3 wickets in last group match at Colombo on Monday.
In their last five meetings against India, Bangladesh won only one match and conceded defeats in two matches. In the remaining two matches, one ended in no result and another was abandoned.
Bangladesh beat India by 2 wickets in the recently concluded Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament in England on July 30 while conceded defeats twice at the same event.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Jamal Bhuyan begins new innings secretly
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?