Two killed as motorcycle hits truck
Published: 11:30 10 August 2020
Two youths were killed when a motorcycle hit a truck parked at Patkelghata in Satkhira. The incident took place on Sunday night at Shashmanghata area near Mirzapur Bazar on the Khulna-Satkhira highway.
The deceased were identified as Md Shakib Hossain, son of Billal Hossain of Brahmagathi village under Dighalia upazila of Khulna and Abu Litu Mollah, son of Abdul Latif Mollah of Bathiaghata Upazila of the same district. They were working as accountants and assistant accountants of Khulna Abu Naser Hospital.
According to witnesses and police sources, the two youths were going to Satkhira from Khulna on a motorcycle at night. When they reached in front of the crematorium in Mirzapur, the motorcycle lost control and hit a standing truck, leaving the duo dead on the spot.
Patkelghata Police Station OC Kazi Wahid Murshed confirmed the incident and said that the body was recovered and handed over to the highway police.
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Top terrorist Mina Kamal killed in Khulna gunfight
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Gangetic dolphin caught in Dharla
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- Two killed in Teknaf `shootout` with police
- Pori gave birth to Corona in Ctg zoo
- Akkelpur OC withdrawn over irregularities