Two drown to death in Gazipur beel
Published: 10:28 10 August 2020 Updated: 11:11 10 August 2020
Two bodies were recovered from the jungal beel at Kaliganj in Gazipur on Sunday evening.
Kaliganj Police Station OC AKM Mizanul Haque said the deceased identified as Maria, the daughter of Nazmul Haque of Betua village. She was a first-grader at the local Betua Government Primary School. And Waliullah, the uncle of the child, is the son of Riaz Uddin of Uttargaon village in Kaliganj municipality. He returned to the country from abroad a few months ago.
Kaliganj Police Station SI Md Moazzem Hossain said the locals rescued them and took them to the Kaliganj Upazila Health Complex, where doctors declared them dead.
He added that the bodies of the two victims have been handed over to their families without an autopsy. An unnatural death case has been registered in this regard.
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Top terrorist Mina Kamal killed in Khulna gunfight
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Gangetic dolphin caught in Dharla
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- Two killed in Teknaf `shootout` with police
- Pori gave birth to Corona in Ctg zoo
- Akkelpur OC withdrawn over irregularities