Two-day BPO Summit begins tomorrow
Published: 16:57 20 April 2019
A two-day Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Summit Bangladesh-2019 will begin in the capital tomorrow aiming to uphold position of the outsourcing sector in local and international markets.
Prime Minister’s ICT Adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy is expected to inaugurate the fourth edition of the summit at Sonargaon Hotel Dhaka.
Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Minister Mustafa Jabbar, State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Zunaid Ahmed Palak and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Division Secretary NM Zeaul Alam will be present at the inaugural session.
This year’s theme of the summit is ‘Transforming Service to Digital’.
Speaking at a press conference at Directorate of Information & Communication Technology in the city’s Agargaon area on Thursday, Ziaul Alam said the summit is going to be organised with a view to upholding the country’s technology sector before the youths.
Presenting the details of the summit, president of Bangladesh Association of Call Centre and Outsourcing Wahid Sharif said once people had no idea about BPO sector in the past, but now all know about the sector after arranging the summit here three times.
Renowned 40 locals and 20 international speakers are going to attend the summit to share their learning and experience of BPO industries. A total of 12 seminars and workshops will be held during the two-day summit.
Youth-based seminars and events to be arranged to ensure growth and development of the country’s youth segment to strengthen the vision of Digital Bangladesh, organisers said.
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Asia markets climb as Fed signals possible rate cut
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Aarong’s VAT evasion in light now !
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- 10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
- ‘1000 workers will go abroad from each upazila’
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- Poverty rate comes down
- BB to release new notes from May 22
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today