Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan’s Bamyan
Published: 10:28 25 November 2020 Updated: 14:33 25 November 2020
Afghan security personnel arrive at the site after two blasts ripped through in the city of Bamyan; Photo: AFP
At least 14 people have been killed in two separate bomb blasts in Afghanistan. More than 45 people were injured in the incident.
The bombs were exploded on Tuesday in the northern city of Bamyan.
According to the police authorities, two explosives placed on the side of the road suddenly exploded. Several people were rescued in critical condition and admitted to the hospital.
Most of the injured were civilians who came to local restaurants and shops. The death toll is expected to rise, the country’s police also said.
Meanwhile, no group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack, but local authorities believe “it could be carried out by the Taliban”.
- Argentina passes tax on wealthy to pay for virus measures
- Trump pardons ex-National Security Adviser Flynn
- Indonesian plane goes missing with 62 passengers after take-off
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan’s Bamyan
- Elon Musk overtakes Bill Gates to become world`s 2nd richest
- Trump permanently suspended from Twitter
- Baby girl born from record-setting 27-year-old embryo
- Saudi extends ban on international flights by another week
- UK imposes 2nd phases lockdown after Covid-19 surge
- Trump concedes defeat for 1st time, admits he won’t serve again
- Chuck Yeager dies at 97
- Meghan tells of miscarriage `pain and grief`
- Saudi opens all borders, resumes connection with Qatar
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping congratulates Biden on winning election
- 45,500-years-old animal cave painting found