Trump’s heartfelt statement over younger’s death
Published: 17:08 16 August 2020 Updated: 17:19 16 August 2020
President Donald Trump and his brother Robert Trump. Photo: Collected
US President Donald Trump has expressed deepest grief in his heartfelt statement over the death of his younger Robert Trump, terming him as Best Friend.
“He was not just my brother, he was my best friend,” the president said in a statement. “He will be greatly missed, but we will meet again,” President Trump said in a statement yesterday.
"It is with a heavy heart I share that my wonderful brother, Robert, peacefully passed away tonight," the president wrote. He will be greatly missed, the President said, “But we will meet again. His memory will live on in my heart forever. Robert, I love you. Rest in peace."
The president had traveled to New York on Friday to visit his ailing brother. A senior administration official had said the president “has a very good relationship with his brother and his brother is very special to him.”
Robert, who died just 11 days before what would have been his 72nd birthday, had reportedly spent more than a week in the intensive care unit at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City earlier this summer.
Robert Trump had pulled back from the public view in recent years and described himself as “gainfully retired” living in Millbrook, N.Y. But Robert had come back into the spotlight recently, as he repeatedly tried to block publication of his niece Mary Trump’s new book, “Too Much and Never Enough.”
He requested a restraining order to stop the book from being published, saying its publication would be a violation of the will she signed of the family patriarch Fred Trump Sr.
Robert Trump didn’t court the limelight the way his brother did, but his high-profile divorce in 2008 from his wife of 25 years, socialite Blaine Trump, broke headlines. Robert Trump was said to be having an affair with his secretary, with whom he later lived, Ann Marie Pallan. Robert and Blaine remained on good terms, with Blaine even attending President Trump’s inauguration in 2017.
- Bangalore clash: 3 killed, Sec 144 imposed (video)
- Trump accused of rape: US court deadlines for DNA submit
- Maci Currin: Texas teen at 6ft 10in has world’s longest legs
- Trump’s heartfelt statement over younger’s death
- 2,000-year-old brain cells of Vesuvius victim found intact
- Alina Kabaeva: Putin’s lover vanished after giving birth to twins
- Trump announces peace deal between Bahrain and Israel
- Manhunt in Kenosha: 2 more killed, 1 wounded on 3rd-night protest
- Chinese vlogger dies after ‘set on fire by during live stream’
- Air strikes in Afghanistan kill 45
- Violence sparked as another black man shot by US police (video)
- Yes, Trump conspired with the Russians; Admits republican Senat
- British soldier arrested opposing infants killing in Yemen war
- 450 Indians detained in Saudi for part-time begging
- Man cuts pregnant wife’s belly to check baby’s gender