Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb resigns
Published: 18:21 14 May 2022 Updated: 20:43 14 May 2022
Biplab Kumar Deb; Photo: Collected
Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb today said he has submitted his resignation to Governor SN Arya.
Biplab Kumar Deb made the announcement after meeting the governor at the Raj Bhavan in Agartala, Tripura on Saturday.
He went to New Delhi and met Union Home Minister Amit Shah and BJP president JP Nadda on Thursday for a confabulation on the party’s affairs in the Northeastern state.
There have been rumours of infighting within the BJP’s state unit.
Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma, who is related to the erstwhile Tripura royal family, is expected to take charge in the interim, sources said.
The state is slated to go to assembly elections next year. – PTI
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine