Travel ban imposed on 6 NSU trustees
Published: 18:32 24 May 2022 Updated: 18:32 24 May 2022
Front gate of North South University (NSU); File Photo
A Dhaka court today has imposed a travel ban on six people, including five members of the North South University (NSU) Trustee Board, in a case lodged over alleged embezzlement of Tk 303.82 crore.
The court of Dhaka Senior Special Judge KM Imrul Qayesh passed the order, accepting a plea of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
The six accused are — NSU Board of trustees chairman Azim Uddin Ahmed, members MA Kashem, Benajir Ahmed, Rehana Rahman and Mohammed Shajahan, and Ashaloy Housing and Developers Limited managing director Amin Md Hilali.
Earlier on May 23, the court allowed the anti-graft body to interrogate four members of the trustee board – MA Kashem, Benajir Ahmed, Rehana Rahman and Mohammed Shajahan – at the jail gate.
The High Court on May 22 scrapped a plea filed by these four for anticipatory bail in the case and ordered Shahbagh police to arrest them immediately.
The ACC on May 12 filed the case against the six, including the chairman of the trustee board, for embezzling Tk 303.82 crore from the university’s funds for purchasing land for its campus.
- Human Trafficking: Report against dancer Ivan on Aug 14
- Provision of permission for arresting govt employee cancelled: HC
- Savar’s Neela murder trial begins
- Female doctor murder: Accused gives confessional statement
- Inciting student Sanjana to ‘commit suicide’: Father remanded
- Crimes against humanity: Khalilur gets death penalty
- Khaleda`s jail term suspension extended by 6 months
- Indictment hearing in two cases against Khaleda Oct 4
- Uttara girder tragedy: 10 accused placed on remand
- Hoshi Kunio murder: HC upholds death penalty for 4
- Ramna Batamul bomb blast case: Arguments August 11
- Cricketer Al Amin secures 8-week anticipatory bail
- Unscrewing nut-bolt of Padma Bridge: Bayezid denied bail
- Mitu murder: Charge sheet against 7 including Babul Akhter
- Legal notice to withdraw Lifebuoy soap ad within 72hrs