Traders request PM to reopen garments, factories
Published: 15:16 29 July 2021
The business leaders have requested Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to open all kinds of industries including garments. They hope that the Prime Minister will “respond to the request” considering the country’s economy and trade.
The business leaders met Cabinet Secretary Khandaker Anwarul Islam at the Secretariat on Thursday and requested the Prime Minister to reopen the factory.
“We came to meet the Cabinet Secretary,” BGMEA president Faruk Hasan said after the meeting. “All kinds of industries should be allowed to work amid the ongoing lockdown. This is what we requested to him.”
“We have made this request to the Prime Minister through him,” he said, mentioned that the Cabinet Secretary will talk to the Prime Minister and informed the BGMEA about the decision quickly.
The BGMEA president further said that the request has been made to the government to take into account the Covid-19 situation, infections and deaths. “We hope the government will consider it,” he added.
- ADC Saqlain withdrawn for taking Pori Moni at house
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- ‘Hero’ Captain Naushad passes away
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- RAB raids Helena’s JoyJatra TV, channel to be shut down
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Tk4 crore looted from Dhaka Bank vault, 2 held
- 2 associates of model Piyasha arrested with weapons, drugs
- Mass Vaccination campaign
28.37 lakh people vaccinated in one day
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
- Decision on strict lockdown extension today
- RAB raids Helena Jahangir`s house
- Fire in Banani’s 6-storey building, 14 firefighting units working
- Helena Jahangir detained
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur