Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
Published: 13:32 12 July 2019
30,000 people have marooned due to heavy rainfall and hill slope in Bandarban. District Sadar, Ruma, Thanchi, Boangchari, Lama, Alikadam and Naikhongchari upazilas have flooded internal roads and villages.
Meanwhile, road communication between the whole country with Bandarban has disrupted for four days due to the main road was flooded. Road communication between Ruma, Thanchi, Boangchari, Lama, Alikadam upazila is also closed.
Rainfall continued in Bandarban on Friday morning. Internal road communications are closed due to almost every road of the upazilas and municipalities are flooded.
Thousands of marooned people have taken shelter in 126 shelters in seven upazilas of the district. People are at huge risk of sudden landslide casualties. District administration is making public announcements asking locals to move into the shelters.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!
- Namaj-e-janaza of Nusrat completed
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF