Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
Published: 13:32 12 July 2019
30,000 people have marooned due to heavy rainfall and hill slope in Bandarban. District Sadar, Ruma, Thanchi, Boangchari, Lama, Alikadam and Naikhongchari upazilas have flooded internal roads and villages.
Meanwhile, road communication between the whole country with Bandarban has disrupted for four days due to the main road was flooded. Road communication between Ruma, Thanchi, Boangchari, Lama, Alikadam upazila is also closed.
Rainfall continued in Bandarban on Friday morning. Internal road communications are closed due to almost every road of the upazilas and municipalities are flooded.
Thousands of marooned people have taken shelter in 126 shelters in seven upazilas of the district. People are at huge risk of sudden landslide casualties. District administration is making public announcements asking locals to move into the shelters.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni
- 7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
- Bail hearing for Minni today