Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
Published: 13:33 15 May 2019 Updated: 15:09 15 May 2019
A budget of Tk 76 lakh needed for testing 1064 water samples of Dhaka Wasa. The information said in a report of the Ministry of Public Administration.
On Wednesday, a report was submitted to the High Court bench headed by Justice JBM Hasan. The hearing will be held on Thursday to decide the matter.
Earlier on Monday, the High Court has expressed dissatisfaction at Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (Wasa) for not complying with its order to examine water in different areas of Dhaka and did not submit the report in seven months.
In the meantime, the court has ordered the local government ministry to submit its report on how much the money will cost in WASA’s water test.
Expressing dissatisfaction, the court said that 22 bottles of water from 11 zones in Dhaka are needed for the water test. “How much money the committee needs for testing 22 bottles of water,” the court questioned.
Meanwhile, instead of submitting the water test report during the hearing, the local government ministry submitted a progress report to the High Court.
In the report, the procedure for the water testing committee and the procedure of the committee was highlighted. Along with this, WASA is divided into 11 zones and water testing is said in the report.
It is also mentioned in the report that if the funding is available then the water test report will be available within four months.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case