Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
Published: 13:33 15 May 2019 Updated: 15:09 15 May 2019
A budget of Tk 76 lakh needed for testing 1064 water samples of Dhaka Wasa. The information said in a report of the Ministry of Public Administration.
On Wednesday, a report was submitted to the High Court bench headed by Justice JBM Hasan. The hearing will be held on Thursday to decide the matter.
Earlier on Monday, the High Court has expressed dissatisfaction at Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (Wasa) for not complying with its order to examine water in different areas of Dhaka and did not submit the report in seven months.
In the meantime, the court has ordered the local government ministry to submit its report on how much the money will cost in WASA’s water test.
Expressing dissatisfaction, the court said that 22 bottles of water from 11 zones in Dhaka are needed for the water test. “How much money the committee needs for testing 22 bottles of water,” the court questioned.
Meanwhile, instead of submitting the water test report during the hearing, the local government ministry submitted a progress report to the High Court.
In the report, the procedure for the water testing committee and the procedure of the committee was highlighted. Along with this, WASA is divided into 11 zones and water testing is said in the report.
It is also mentioned in the report that if the funding is available then the water test report will be available within four months.
- Chawkbazar tragedy: Writ seeks compensation for victims
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- HC orders to conduct survey on contaminated cow milk
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Two cops placed on six days remand
- HC for Tk 10 lakh comp to Abrar’s family
- Saudi EMB official murder case
Saiful’s execution tonight in Khalaf killing
- HC orders to remove electricity poles from roads
- HC sought list of loan defaulters and money launderers
- ICT finalizes report against 5 M’singh men
- Subarnachar gang rape
HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- Police submit charge sheet in Abhijit murder case
- 3 water company licenses cancel, 7 postpones
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- HC seeks explanation over illegal establishments at Hatirjheel