Tk 200 note to hit market soon
Published: 20:48 15 December 2019 Updated: 20:49 15 December 2019
Bangladesh Bank (BB) will circulate Taka 200 notes soon on the occasion of Bangabandhu’s birth centenary, said BB spokesperson, Sirajul Islam, on Sunday.
He said the notes of Tk 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 are existing in the market. It will be mentioned on the note that ‘special note on the occasion of the 100th birth anniversary of Bangabandhu’.
Meanwhile, the central bank has released a new note of TK 50 in the market by changing the color and size of the notes with Bangabandhu’s picture. The new note has been released in the market through regular transactions from the central bank’s Motijheel office since Sunday morning.
Sirajul Islam said new notes valued of Tk 20 crores are initially released in the market. He also said that new notes will be released in the market in phases according to demand.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials